Oceanside RCMP received 269 complaints the week of Aug. 7 to Aug 13.
Some of the incidents included:
• A derelict boat was reported dumped on a property in the first block of Rupert Road West, Qualicum Beach. Locks to the property gate were vandalized.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized with a dent to a door in the 3700 block of Alberni highway, Qualicum Beach.
• Two male prowlers were reported in the 900 block of Church Road, Parksville.
• An estimated $6,000 damage was reported done to play equipment in the Lions Ventureland Park in the Parksville Community Park.
• A white Whiter Renegade 21-speed mountain bike was reported stolen in the 200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A male and a female vandalized a parked vehicle causing damage in the 100 block of Memorial Avenue, Parksville.
• A black Radrunner 1 e-bike was reported stolen in the 2200 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 2200 block of Morello Road and 2300 block of Summerset Road, Nanoose Bay.
• Two hanging flower baskets were reported stolen in the 1300 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A purple Giant Live mountain bike was reported stolen in the 200 block of Corfield Street North, Parksville.
• A Maui Jim sunglasses and case containing a vehicle key was found in the Parksville Community Park. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• Change and the owner’s manual were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 300 block of Corfield Street south, Parksville.
• It was reported a commercial vehicle had a tire slashed in the 2700 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
• Vandals were reported to have started a fire on trail pavement near Ridgefield Drive, Parksville.
• A vehicle prowler was reported in the 300 block of Kingsley Street, Parksville.
• A break-and-enter of a business compound was reported in the 500 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. Noted missing were new rims for a truck and two power washers.
• A vehicle emergency kit and a leather bag were found in the area of Stanford Avenue East and Corfield Street, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular office hours to claim.
• A FTS Data Logger, a sensor for monitoring water in the reservoir, battery and solar panels were reported stolen in the area of Gainberg Road and Island Highway, Deep Bay. Province of BC equipment valued over $7,000.
• A Red Marin Sky Trail bike was reported stolen in the 100 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• A nighttime prowler was reported in the 1100 block of Smithers road, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted