Oceanside RCMP received 292 complaints the week of June 12 to 18.
Some of the incidents included:
• Nighttime prowlers were reported in the 200 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A resident was reported scammed out of a $1,000 by responding to text messages purported to be from an auto insurance company asking for their name, driver’s licence, SIN, birthdate, bank card and PIN. An insurance company you are dealing with would already have the necessary information.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 600 block of Sandlewood Drive, Parksville.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen for a vehicle on Magnolia Drive, Parksville.
• A vehicle window was reported smashed in the 100 block of Hirst Avenue East, Parksville.
• A vehicle window was reported smashed in the 900 block of Kasba Circle, Parksville.
• A 2018 Bobcat S570 Skid Steer was reported stolen and caused property damage starting in the 1000 block of Coldwater Road, Parksville. The damaged equipment was recovered in the 1100 block of Smithers Road, Parksville.
• An estimated $6,000 of property damage was reported in the 500 block of Despard Avenue West, Parksville.
• An estimated $2,500 of tools were reported stolen from a construction site in the 100 block of Hirst Avenue East, Parksville.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen in the 200 block of Crabapple Crescent, Parksville.
• A grey CCM road bicycle was found in the 3400 block of Blueback Drive, Nanoose Bay. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A car prowler was reported checking door handles for unlocked vehicles on MacMillan Street, Parksville.
• An estimated $500 of tools were reported stolen as well as damage to a construction site in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A business was reported to have sustained fire damage to a door in an attempt to gain entry in the 900 block of Fairdowne Road, Parksville.
• A nighttime prowler was reported on Bridgewater Lane, Parksville.
• An accelerant was reported sprayed on doors and set on fire in the 400 block of Wembley Road, Parksville.
• A business break-and-enter resulted with four DLS chainsaws reported stolen in the 2100 block of Northwest Bay Road, Nanoose Bay. Two stolen items were recovered by Ladysmith RCMP.
• A local resident was reported scammed of $1,500 after applying to an online company.
• A business break-end-enter was reported in the 1200 block of Taylor Road, Parksville. Intruders were spooked by the loud audible alarm system and left damaging a gate lock.
• A gold Lenovo laptop, iPad Air, cash and cheques were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 100 block of McKinnon Street, Parksville.
• A break-and-enter was reported to a residential shed in the 100 block of Corfield Street, Parksville. Missing was a red/white Honda power washer, orange/white Husqvarna leaf blower, orange Husqvarna chainsaw and red/white Zray roll up paddle board in a black bag.
• Two anchors, one Bruce style and one Danford style, were found in the 500 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A number of roofing tools were reported stolen in the 1400 block of Leffler road, Errington.
• Yard items such as flower pots were reported stolen in the 1300 block of Errington Road, Errington.
• Insurance papers were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Bramble Street, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted