Oceanside RCMP received 213 complaints the week of Jan. 23-29. Some of the incidents included:
• Two excavators were reported vandalized in the area of Melrose Road, Whisky Creek.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 400 block of Sunset Blvd, Parksville, on Jan. 23. The vehicle was recovered in Nanaimo on Jan. 28.
• A trespasser was reported dumpster diving in the 300 block of Island Highway East, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized on the first block of Trill Drive, Parksville. A window was noted smashed and ignition damaged.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 200 block of Stanford Avenue, Parksville. Evidence of forced entry as well as damage to ignition. Noted missing were a Milwaukee drill, battery and changer.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Island Highway East, Nanoose Bay.
• A resident was reported defrauded of thousands of dollars in a telephone scam purported to have been a stock broker from England who managed to gain control of the victim’s bank accounts.
• A trespasser was reported to have cut the lock off a shed in the 1500 block of Pady Place, Qualicum Beach.
• An excavator was reported vandalized in the 100 block of Island Highway East, Parksville. A padlock to the cab was noted pried off.
• A residential break-and-enter was reported in the 500 block of Village Way, Qualicum Beach.
• A residence was reported egged in the 400 block of Quatsino Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A local resident was reported defrauded of thousands of dollars in a crypto scam purportedly seen on television.
• A catalytic converter was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2400 block of Island Highway East, Nanoose Bay.
• A local resident reported being defrauded of hundreds of thousands of dollars to online dating. The fraud was over a five-month period.
• B.C. licence plate PB8858 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Dobson Road, Errington.
• A vehicle was reported stolen in the 300 block of Pioneer Crescent, Parksville. Vehicle was later recovered in Nanaimo.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted