Oceanside RCMP received 257 complaints the week of Dec. 11 to Dec. 17.
Some of the incidents included:
• A 2017 black cargo trailer containing tools, B.C. licence plate 40150K, was reported stolen in the 6000 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
• Change and sunglasses were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville. There was no damage to vehicle from forced entry.
• A local resident reported losing $20,000 via an Instagram fraud buying cryptocurrency.
• A red Honda generator, a solar battery and a chainsaw were some of the items reported stolen from a garage in the 2900 block of Bay Road, Qualicum Beach. Damage noted to the front gate and locks to garage cut.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized with damage to a door and ignition in the 900 block of Chatsworth Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A local resident reported losing $400 to a job scam where the fraudster sent a cheque for $1,900 to cover expenses then wanted an e-transfer back on Dec. 14. The original cheque was later retuned by the financial institution.
• A garage window was reported broken possibly by a thrown rock in the 300 block of Ridgefield Drive, Parksville.
• A local resident reported losing over $1,200 in a scam as a result of a two-hour phone call.
• A local resident reported losing a $325 deposit in an appliance fraud though Facebook Marketplace.
• Two doors posted on social media for sale were reported stolen from a property in the 2300 block of Glenellen Place, Nanoose Bay.
• B.C. licence plates FA6385 were reported stolen from a vehicle on Lighthouse Drive, Parksville.
• A 2022 green Ford F250, B.C. plate PJ8949, was reported stolen in the 200 block of Fourth Avenue West, Qualicum Beach.
» If you see a crime in progress, call 911. Crimes of a less serious nature that are not in progress may be reported online. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym Street North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted