Oceanside RCMP received 276 complaints the week of March 28 to April 3.
Some of the incidents included:
• A blue Infinity mountain bike was found in the 1000 block of Resort Drive, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular business hours to claim.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 600 block of Gilbert Road, Qualicum Beach.
• Trespassers were reported in the 600 block of Turner Road, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville.
• A vehicle was reported vandalized in the 1100 block of Ruffles Road, Parksville. A window was reported smashed.
• A work trailer break-and-enter was reported at Cathedral Grove, Cameron Lake. Two gates were noted to be damaged and a gas-powered compactor was stolen.
• A green 1999 Honda Foreman quad was reported missing in the 3600 block of Melrose Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A property was reported vandalized with a window broken in the 1700 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
• Another property was reported vandalized with graffiti in the 300 block of Island Highway East.
• A property was reported vandalized with holes in a window caused by BB pellets in the
400 block of Bay Avenue, Parksville.
• Two wildlife cameras used by a local not-for-profit were reported stolen in the 4000 block of Island Highway West, Qualicum Beach.
• A vehicle was reported rummaged through in the 800 block of Primrose Street, Qualicum Beach. No visible damage to the vehicle and nothing reported missing.
• A camera was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of Schley Place, Qualicum Beach.
• A prowler was reported in the 3000 block of White Heather Lane, Nanoose Bay. Nothing was noted missing.
• An iPhone was found in the 800 block of Mariner Way, Parksville. Contact Oceanside RCMP during regular office hours to claim.
• A portable outhouse was reported vandalized in the 3900 block of Horne Lake Caves Road, Horne Lake.
• A prowler was reported in the 300 block of Sutherland Place, Parksville.
• A red Norco mountain bike was reported stolen in the 200 block of Dunbar Way, Parksville. The bike was noted to have been secured with a lock.
• B.C. licence plate LE8455 was reported stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of Harrison Avenue, Parksville.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. If you have information regarding an incident, phone the Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number at 250-248-6111 during regular office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) weekdays except holidays. Outside of business hours, phone 250-248-6111, extension 7.
— NEWS Staff, submitted