In Parksville Qualicum, experience the cool sea air, lose yourself in the local culture and unique experiences. Sample fresh, local cheeses and wines, or discover vintage excellence in a cute boutique.
Embrace the sights and sounds of creeks, streams, marshes and rivers, or listen to nature as you hike a scenic path to the falls.
Visit the famous Parksville Qualicum Beach walk along the beach-front boardwalk and watch the sunrise, soak in a mineral pool, or spend an afternoon paddleboarding the shores at your own pace. Take a history tour, visit a local farm market, get fresh seafood at French Creek, look for glass floats on the coastal shores, or discover a crystallized magical underground world with Horne lake caves provincial park.
Parksville Qualicum offers and relaxing and authentic Island experience.
Parksville Qualicum Facts
- Population: 11,977
- Thousands of Brant Geese visit the beaches between Qualicum and Parksville during their annual migration.
- Long tides result in some incredible sand and tens of thousands of visitors to Parksville Qualicum is home to the Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition.
- Parksville is referred to as the “Canadian Riviera” because of the mild climate, sandy beaches, and beach resorts.
- Qualicum Beach is the site of one of the oldest golf courses in BC. The Qualicum Beach Memorial Golf Club was established in 1913
- Home to Canada’s #1 Spa – Grotto Spa at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort
Parksville has a mild and temperate climate with short comfortable summers, and mostly cloudy and wet winters.
Destination BC is developing a new campaign to promote hyper-local travel where residents are “tourists-in-their own hometown,” while practising the COVID-19 safety protocols as recommended by the B.C. Provincial Health Officer. Many B.C. parks are now open, and national parks were to open as of June 1.
(Check this website for current details on travel.)
Ferry: Take the ferry to Nanaimo and then take Highway 19 North to Parksville.
Plane: Travellers can land at the Qualicum Beach Airport with KD Air and Island Express Air from Vancouver International Airport and Abbotsford and Sunset Helicopters.
Vehicle: From Nanaimo take Highway 19 straight to Parksville.