Quality sleep plays a significant role in all aspects of our health. In fact, whether it’s your emotional, mental or physical health you’re trying to improve – or all three! – improving your sleep first can make a world of difference.
“Sleep is taken for granted in modern society,” says Mark Nagra, Owner of M&N Mattress and Sofa Gallery. “Yet sleep affects every aspect of our health and simply improving our sleeping habits can reduce heart disease, improve mental health and even help us maintain a healthy weight.”
Top 5 ways to improve your sleep quality
- Get outside: 30 minutes of safe sun exposure helps maintain your body’s natural circadian rhythm – your sleep/wake cycle.
- Power down two hours before bedtime: Blue light from electronic devices mimics daylight, preventing the release of melatonin, the hormone which promotes sleepiness. Power-off cellphones, tablets and other devices at least two hours before bedtime.
- Keep bedroom temperatures low: Cooler bedroom temperatures promote better sleep, 18°C is ideal for most people.
- Stick to a consistent sleep schedule: A consistent sleep schedule is key to a healthy circadian rhythm and can help adults reach the recommended seven hours of sleep or more each night.
- Create a space that promotes good sleep: A bedroom that’s designed for rest, relaxation and sleep is useful in helping your brain recognize when it’s time for bed. It should be free of distractions, dark, cool, quiet and include a comfortable bed and bedding. If you find you’re tossing and turning through the night, waking up with a sore body and a general feeling of being poorly rested it might be time to choose a mattress designed specifically with your sleep in mind.
“If someone is looking to improve their overall quality of sleep, my first suggestion is to start with their mattress,” Nagra says. “The right mattress should be comfortable, supportive and designed to last. If you’re looking to invest in your sleep, you can’t make a better investment than a Pure Energy Mattress, previously known as the Ironman Mattress.”
The Pure Energy difference
Designed to provide the highest-quality sleep while supporting the body’s natural healing and recovery process, Pure Energy mattresses are made with Cellitex latex, creating a safe, allergen-free sleeping environment that’s clinically proven to promote recovery, provide unparalleled lumbar support and pressure relief.
Made in B.C., these mattresses also feature Pure Energy’s exclusive Celliant technology which utilizes a patented blend of thermo-reactive minerals and trace elements to further promote recovery through infrared light.
If you’re ready to up your sleep game, visit M&N Mattress and Sofa at 291 East Island Hwy. Find more information at parksvillemattress.com, mnsofa.ca or ironmanmattress.ca, and keep up with the latest contests and giveaways at facebook.com/parksvillemattress.