Oceanside RCMP received 224 complaints the week fo Feb. 14-20.
Some of the incidents included:
• A break-and-enter to a business compound was reported in the 900 block of Fairdowne Road, Parksville. Damage noted to front gate and an electric vehicle was moved a short distance away.
• Illegal logging was reported on Crown land in the area east of Hilliers Road and Memorial Avenue, Qualicum Beach. The value of the cut trees was estimated to be in the thousands of dollars.
• A counterfeit Canadian $100 bill, serial XJA8914666, was received by a business in the Parksville area.
• Money was reported stolen from a vehicle in the area of Fern Road, Qualicum Beach.
• A break-and-enter to a utility trailer stored in a storage yard was reported in the 600 block of Alberni Highway. Tools, some marked “BM”, were reported stolen.
• Nighttime prowlers were reported in the 500 block of Sandalwood Drive, Parksville.
• A horse was reported stolen in the 1900 block of Grafton Avenue, Errington.
• A business break-and-enter was reported in the 1200 block of Fair Road, Errington. Damage to a back door was noted as well as missing money and an iMac computer with external hard drive.
• Two motion-activated solar lights were reported stolen from a property in the 1200 block of Alberni Highway, Parksville.
• Three fir tree stumps, weighing 100 pounds each, for a landscaping project were reported stolen in the 200 block of Fern Road West, Qualicum Beach.
• A business compound break-and-enter was reported in the 2800 block of Alberni Highway, Qualicum Beach. A rear gate was noted open with padlock missing.
• A break-and-enter was reported in the 1100 block of Resort Drive, Parksville. Reported stolen was a black Pelican case with an Alaskan Airlines sticker containing clothing as well as a silver Vaio i5 laptop with accompanying hardware.
• An online dating site resulted in a local resident losing thousands of dollars in a bitcoin scam.
• A break-and-enter to a residence was reported in the 5500 block of Deep Bay Road, Bowser.
• A 1995 green Club brand golf cart was reported stolen in the 1100 block of Fair Road, Parksville. The cart was missing seat backs and the roof.
• A prowler was reported in the 1200 block of Fair Road, Parksville.
• An attempted theft of a catalytic converter was reported in the 3100 block of Van Horne Road, Qualicum Beach.
• B.C. licence plates KN609M were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2600 block of Alberni Highway, Coombs.
If you see a crime in progress, call 911. The Oceanside RCMP non-emergency number is 250-248-6111 (extension 7). The detachment is located at 421 Pym St. North, Parksville, with public business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., Monday to Friday, except holidays.
— NEWS Staff, submitted