The Qualicum Beach Triathlon returns this summer.
After two years of having to cancel the popular event due to COVID-19, the triathlon will be held on June 26 at the Qualicum Beach Civic Centre.
This year the non-profit group will host a duathlon event for a second season in addition to the classic adult, youth, minor and tiny triathlon events:
• Adult (18 and over) individual or relay: 400-metre swim, 20.5 kilometre bike, 5 km run
• Youth (12-17) individual or relay: 200m swim, 12.3 km bike, 2.3 km run
• Minor (8-11) individual or relay: 100m swim, 4.1 km bike, 1 km run
• Tiny Tri (4-7) individual: width of pool, short bike, short run
• Duathlon (15+) individual: 5 km run, 20.5 km bike, 2.5 km run
The duathlon is a Triathlon Canada Selection event. Winner of each duathlon age category qualifies for Team Canada for the 2022 World Championships (subject to review by Triathlon Canada).
To register, you can go online at: https://raceroster.com/events/2022/56557/2022-qualicum-beach-triathlon
Organizers are looking for assistance with the event.
“We are a longstanding event that relies on volunteers to make this event run as smoothly and safely as possible,” organizers stated in their public notice.
They need more volunteers for the following positions:
• 7-9 people to serve as run marshalls
• 2-4 people to serve as bike marshalls
• 2-3 people at the water stations
• 1-2 people at the transition stage
• 1-3 people to serve as swim lane counters
If you are interested or know someone that might be, you can sign up at https://www.qualicumbeachtriathlon.com/volunteer