The Town of Qualicum Beach has updated its COVID-19 protocols in conjunction with the latest provincial health orders.
Masks are no longer mandatory in town facilities but officials will respect individuals who wish to continue to wear them.
Other changes and reminders for the public:
• Proof of vaccination (PoV) is still required (by Public Health Order) for all participants and spectators at the Qualicum Beach Civic Centre and Community Hall except those under 22 years of age participating in indoor recreation and sports programs that are for children and youth.
• Valid photo government picture identification for ages 19 and over is required alongside the PoV.
• PoV requirements are scheduled to be lifted at 12:01 am on Friday, April 8, 2022, by the province.
Ways to Access Town Services
For those who prefer to access services and information virtually, the town offers several options:
• Payment of bills can be made online or telephone banking through financial institutions, by mailing cheques, and by dropping off cheques in the mail slot out front of Town Hall (nearest the fountain);
• General inquires can be made by phone at 250-752-6921 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Bylaw Enforcement complaints can be submitted to email@example.com;
• Council meetings, committee of the whole meetings, standing committees and select committees may be watched online via livestreaming at the time of the meeting and any time afterward. Visit https://www.qualicumbeach.com/council-live-streaming for more information, and to access recordings and upcoming meetings.
For more information related to COVID-19, please visit qualicumbeach.com/_covid
— NEWS Staff, submitted